Is Ativan safe to take along with Zoloft?

Psychiatrist
Question
Is it helpful for a 90 year old woman to take at bedtime as she Has OCD and sleeplessness?
She also takes Zoloft as she has anxiety 25 mg
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is helpful

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

The half life of both the medicines is quite long so thay can be used once a day as per the convenience of individual. For your information I like to tell you that Ativan have half life of 10-20 hours and Zoloft have the half life about 35 hours.

She can take both medication at bed time as both these medicine cause side effects in form of sedation if taken during the day.
Discuss about this with your doctor to decrease the dose of Ativan if possible as it seems to be too high for a 90 year old female.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks