Is Ativan good for anxiety?
try hydroxyzine or valerian
Hello and thank you for the question.
Of the medications in the class of benzodiazepines (sedatives) xanax has the shortest half life, so it gets out of the body the quickest. Ativan stays around much longer and if you felt down after a xanax I am concerned that Ativan may be even worse.
If you want to try a natural substance, then try valerian.
If you want a prescription medication I suggest that you try hydroxyzine. It is an antihistamine, by class, but has an indication for anxiety as well. It is somewhat sedating but should not have the effect that the benzodiazepines do.
Another alternative may be learning biofeedback. An experienced teacher could help you learn to do this yourself or with a device, while you are traveling and in some cases it is very helpful without taking any medications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ativan for anxiety
- Can i take ativan for anxiety states ?
- Can i take ativan for anxiety
- Can ativan be used to treat anxiety and insomnia
- Prescribed ativan for anxiety suggest
- Anxiety ativan prozac wellbutrin ludiomil ssri best
- Ativan for anxiety and sleep
- Is citalopram good for anxiety
- Valium vs ativan for anxiety
- Dosage of ativan for anxiety
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?