Is Astymin syrup advisable during 18th week of pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: i am 29 years old with 18 weeks preganant.i am taking folinext gold tablet and orofer xt tablet after breakfast and calcium tablet after lunch and again orofer xt tablet after dinner.os these tablets enough to me?my hometown doctor advised to take astymin liquid (syrup of aminoacids and vitamins)at 9th week of my consultation.but i didnt take this.now i want to take this syrup.is it good to take this syrup at 18th week?how long should i continue to take this syrup?what time i take this syrup(after lunch or after dinner).and also i am not feeling any baby movements yill yet.please help.thank u.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take Syp.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
You can take astymin Syp but after meal( not empty stomach) helpful in baby growth.
You can continue in your whole pregnancy.
You just lie down quitely and try to feel baby movement.
Sometimes you can able to feel after 20 weeks.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng