Is Astymin forte and Adilin SR safe to take during pregnancy?

OBGYN
Question
Hi, my wife is seven months+ pregnant (EDD-28/9/2014). She has previous two blighted ovum cases in 2012 and 2013. After conceiving this year she has been undergoing Duphastone, Ecospirin, took two TTs. She is presently taking two medicines one for Iron and another for calcium. Now due to change in city we had to shift and met with new Gyneo Doctor. She has seen all the reports and has prescribed for another two medicines- Astymin Forte and Adilin SR 40.

I want to know that are these two drugs - Astymin Forte and Adilin SR 40 safe now? Or we should avoid?

Also please suggest any possible care, medicines or food to be taken during this time.
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Soumya 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need of new drugs

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to healthcare magic.

Congratulations for reaching seven months. Hopefully things will be fine from now on as dangerous periods during which she suffered blighted ovum.

I dont think you need Astymin Forte and Adilin SR 40. Astymin forte contains few multivitamins and minerals. Adilin SR 40 contains isoxsuprine to prevent preterm labor.

You dont need anymore medicines. All you need is iron, calcium and ecosprin tablets. You can have any food you like.

You should be relaxed and enjoy your pregnancy.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: Is Astymin forte and Adilin SR safe to take during pregnancy? 3 hours later
Thanks a lot.
first thing , tell me that if taken the drugs would be safe or not? Do they have any negative effect on my wife? If yes, we will not use it.

secondly, as it is suggested by our current doctor who is quite experienced, should we avoid his prescription as he would involved in cesarean delivery also?

Answered by Dr. Soumya 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Safe

Detailed Answer:
Hi

These drugs safe. Wont have bad effects on her. But these are unnecessary.

You don't have to take unnecessary drugs just to please your doctor. This is not right. You can ignore prescription after discussing with him.

More over why caserean section. She can undergo normal delivery.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: Is Astymin forte and Adilin SR safe to take during pregnancy? 2 days later
Ok. Actually since she had two D & C procedures earlier for Blighted ovum so probably Doctor thought of C Section. Another question for chest pain related to gas or acidity which medicine, she can take? She is having it since last day.

We had talked with Doc, he said Astymin will help baby growth and adilin will help mother. So we are continuing them.

Answered by Dr. Soumya 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antacid gel / syrup

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You can take antacid syrup / gel which are available over the counter. The chest pain due to acidity will reduce with this.

I dont think neither cesarean section nor adilin / astymin are necessary.

Dr. Soumya