Is Asthalin expectorant the same as Asthalin syrup?

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is thr any difference in Asthalin expectorant syrup and Theo Asthalin syrup since 10 days ma child is having dry cough tried augpen also now doctor suggested zocef 250 monticope and Theo Asthalin how much thz gonna work

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information - please revert back with answers to my questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi...i understand your concern. I will come to your query first and then I have a few questions. Please revert back to me with answers so that I can guide you better.

Coming to the difference between the two Syrups which you had enquired about.

Asthalin Expectorant is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Guaiphenesin (100 MG)
Salbutamol (2 MG)
This is more of a cough suppressant and works for wheezing too.

Theo ASthalin Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Salbutamol (2 MG)
Theophylline (100 MG)
This is predominantly for wheezing. This is not for dry cough.

Questions:
1. How many days per month does she cough or feel breathless?
2. How many nights per month does her sleep get disturbed due to above symptoms?
3. Does she feel breathless when she runs around or plays with other kids?
4. Are the symptoms when there are seasonal changes?
5. Is there any family history of asthma or any other sort of allergies like skin allergy etc.?
6. Is the cough always associated with fever?
7. What is the exact age of your kid?

Regards - Dr. Sumanth