Is Amlodipine better than Hydrochlorothiazide?
Amlodipine is well tolerated than Hydrochlorothiazide
Thanks for the query.
I think you should not worry about Amlodipine. Amlodipine is one drug of the anti hypertensive classes that was well tolerated for decades by most. It was better than Hydrochlorothiazide.
Since you have a high BP and medication is indicated in your case I think you better start amlodipine low dose 5mg. It would not have the bad side effects like you had experienced.
Leave anxiety and take it with full trust in the doctor and the medicine.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Amlodipine 2.5 better than 5
- Is tingling of the hands or feet a side effect of aliskiren/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide?
- Hydrochlorothiazide itchy
- Is amlodipine safer than ramipril
- Amlodipine hydrochlorothiazide combination
- What are the side effects of amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, and olmesartan?
- Amlodipine hydrochlorothiazide olmesartan
- Lisinopril amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide
- Olmesartan medoxomil amlodipine hydrochlorothiazide
- What are the side effects of amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, and valsartan?