Is Absolut Woman safe to take while breastfeeding?
"My wife who is still breastfeeding is advised to take below medicines from gynaecologist based on her annual health checkup reports. Our daughter is at present 1.8 year old.
1. Depura liquid 60k(Vitamin D) - one a week for 3 months and then once in a month of 3 months.
2. Calcimax till she is continues to breastfeed the baby.
3. Absolut Woman tablet for 3 months. "
She can take them without worrying
Thanks for asking me once again.
Let me remark that Absolut Woman tablet contains ingredients like Primrose oil and Ginko Biloba, the safety profile of which have not been widely studied and therefore there is lack of enough studies that could conclude that this is safe in pregnancy and lactation.
However, these ingredients are widely used and no harmful effects have been reported. You can search for the use of primrose oil in pregnancy and you would find that it is often used. Ginkgo biloba, on the other hand, is more of an antioxidant and therefore unlikely to be harmful. Whether you want to go for it despite lack of safety data, is a choice that you would have to make. But I can assure you that they are unlikely to cause harm to your breastfeeding child.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to take oxyelite pro while breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take amoxacillin while breastfeeding
- Is it safe to take sinarest while breastfeeding
- Is it safe to take deworming medicines while breastfeeding
- Is cefspan 100 mg safe to take while on breastfeeding
- Is benadryl safe to take while breastfeeding
- Taking acitrom medications safely while breastfeeding
- Is it safe to take b12 while breastfeeding
- Is it safe to take isoniazid while breastfeeding
- Is it safe to take primolutin while breastfeeding
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever