Is 8.4 kg an ideal weight for a 7 month old child?
My baby boy birth weight was 2.25 kg (18 Mar 2016 ) and now he is 7 months old and weight is 8.4 kg.
He is on Nan 2 + Solid Food ( Cerelac , Dal ka paani , Banana )
My problem is he looks very lean he doesnt looks chubby at all
And everybody says why dont u give something good he looks thin i feel very upset by this
My friend's son is 6 month old and weight is 7.6 kg but he looks very chubby and healthy.
His pediatric said he is good nd very active
How can i make him chubby and if he is having good weight then why he doent look the same
Your son's weight isexcellent-he's weighing around 1 year old child's weigh
Hi.... your son's weight is excellent. He is weighing around a 1 year old child's weight, so you need not worry about him being chubby or not.
What is more important is the development and activity of the kid. Even if the kid is looking lean, but in the range of expected weight for the age then we should not worry. As I have already said, for 7 months old kid, weight of 8.4 kilos is excellent.
According to XXXXXXX standards, any 1year old kid weighing between 8-10kg is normal. Your son is in that range by 7months itself.
Chubbiness doesn't mean health. Actually obesity in even small kids is being increasingly reported. It is not good for any kid to be overweight and chubby.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
After having such good weight then why he doesnt look so ? Whre his weight is going i m not able to understand
He is very fussy in eating and drinking milk he will not open his mouth for spoon feed
He will never cry for hunger he can stay happy without having anything for more than 6 hrs
How can i make him eat happily
Suggestions on feeding
I take this opportunity to tell you certain scientific facts and relieve your distress -
1. An active is a well kid even if she/ he is not eating well.
2. Development of a kid is as important as or I would say even more important than growth alone.
3. As the kids grow their interest in food decreases and interest in play activities increases so that they eat small quantity and run away to play. As parents we need to be more patient and feed than less quantity but more aliquots per day.
4. This age rather than the quantity of the food I suggest you concentrate more on the number of times you feed her and also make whatever you feed her calorie dense by adding good amount of ghee to it.
5. I suggest you not to use appetite stimulants on long run as they may cause drowsiness.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ideal weight of baby at 7th month pregnancy
- Is my childs weight ideal for her age
- My child is 4 1 2 months old his weight is 6 kg now sin
- 14 year old girl with weight 76kg
- Ideal weight calculator with cm kg
- Ideal featus weight at 7th month
- My child is 4 12 months old his weight is 6 kg now sin
- Increasing 10kg weight im 1 month
- Ideal weight in kg for height
- Diet chart to reduse 15 kg weight in a month
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?