Is 4th generation combo test 85 days post exposure conclusive?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
My HIV COMBO CMIA test levels at 85 days post exposure was 0.13, however I got myself tested again at 105 days, and it came out to be 0.17. Can this go to 1.0 in some time, as the levels got increase in just a matter of few days? Am I conclusively negative? Why is there such a difference in values?
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV infection beyond any doubt

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
HIV 4th generation Combo test is highly advanced technique test and is reliable to the extent of 99 %. It becomes conclusive by 12 weeks after the risky contact. You had your test twice after 12 weeks and they came as non-reactive. The cut off value of the test is not related to activity of any disease. You need not worry about the values. Ultimate result only that matters. Your results are very much conclusive and confirmatory.
Dr S Murugan

Follow-up: Is 4th generation combo test 85 days post exposure conclusive? 42 minutes later
Thanks a lot sir. Just one more query, Is a CMIA test good to get results, or should I have taken an ELISA test? Which is more accurate and conclusive after 3 months?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
4th generation Combo CMIA test is very much conclusive.No need for ELISA.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Definitely CMIA is the latest and more advanced technique and more reliable than that of an ELISA test.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Is 4th generation combo test 85 days post exposure conclusive? 2 days later
Hi sir, actually i am worried because this test when i took on 85 days it was 0.13, then again on 98 days the value was 0.14 and on 112 days the result is 0.17. So, it has increased even after getting the test done from same diagnostic lab and the same test COMBO CMIA. Why is it different.. Is there any chance that the value will increase or should I get tested with some other lab?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are safe and free from HIV infection.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
You need not worry about these values.
As far as I know, the value of these laboratory tests have no value. Whether it is less than the cut off value or not is important. If you want more information you have to ask a laboratory specialist or a microbiologist.
Dr S Murugan