Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Sir, is a 4th gen chemiluminescence test for hiv conclusive after 28 days? I'm getting varied responses to this question.
I have no other symptoms. The doctor is certain that I'm under zero risk. Need I be concerned with regard to STDs in general?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV is conclusive at 28 days.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX welcome to HCM.

As you have asked I will say 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV is conclusive at 28 days or even earlier by 2 weeks. If you have no symptoms at present then need not to think much about STDs. If still any query I am here to help you any time.

Thank You and take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 45 hours later
Sir, is it possible to get infected with HIV from a protected handjob? Or for that matter any STD? I had a brief spell of diarrhoea (1 day) about 3-4 weeks after the said exposure.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No it is not possible to get infected with hand-job with protected handjob.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX hope you are fine today. As you have asked first of all I will say in general there are very less chances to get infected with HIV from hand-job except any cut or tear is there on your hand. Here you had used the protection so chances are very less to get an infection. You had an episode of diarrhea for only 1 day that is mostly due to some sort of gastric infection not related to HIV. Persistent diarrhea for more than one month is the peculiar symptom of HIV so you need not to worry much for that. Thank You and take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist