Is 4th generation HIV test done 7 weeks post exposure conclusive?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Negative HIV RNA test - 20 days
Negative 4th gen HIV test - 20 days
Negative 4th gen HIV TEST - 7 weeks
Low Risk exposure.
Conclusive?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Definitely conclusive.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

Welcome to HCM.

You had negative HIV RNA and 4th generation test after 20 days along with negative 4th generation at 7 weeks then nothing to worry at all because these results are absolutely conclusive and you are free from HIV. Be relaxed and move on in life happily.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 2 days later
Thank you doctor. Do you see any need for retesting?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need for further test.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

4th generation test after 7 weeks is negative which is 100% conclusive and accurate so no need to go for any further test as you are absolutely safe and risk free from HIV. Be relaxed and move on in life.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad