Is 30 mg of Mirtazapine a safe dosage?
I recommend 15 mg
Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.
Mirtazapine is a good drug for anxiety and depression. It also helps in sleep so one should take it at night. Considering your history and current symptoms I recommend 15 mg mirtazapine for a while. In many patients we start even with 7.5 mg. If you do not feel sufficient improvement after 3-4 weeks, dose can be increased. In patients with blood pressure problem regular monitoring of blood pressure should be done as mirtazapine can cause increase in blood pressure.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr Chintan Solanki.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation