Irritated and bleeding navel, oozing light liquid, raw skin. Had gall bladder surgery. What should I do?
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
Being a dark, warm and moist area, the belly button provides a favorable environment for the growth of microorganism like bacteria and fungi.
The growth of these yeast or bacteria hence causes belly button infection with symptoms like you have mentioned.
The chunky discharge is usually yellowish, greenish or grayish in color and often develops as a result of secondary bacterial infection due to scratching.
You can clean the affected area with saline solution, diluted hydrogen peroxide to reduce bellybutton infection. Also you can use water based antiseptic creams.
It will be better if you see physician for examination and for exact diagnosis and also for getting the sample for culture and sensitivity.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bleeding death from gall bladder surgery
- What is the remedy for nausea after gall bladder surgery
- Cost needed for gall bladder surgery
- Drain before gall bladder surgery
- Gall bladder surgery urination
- Sex after gall bladder surgery
- Vaginal bleeding after gall bladder surgery
- Solbadeine gall bladder surgery
- What causes dizziness after gall bladder surgery
- What are the procedures of gall bladder surgery