Irregular periods, taking Vitex. Spotting, dizziness, mood swings, feeling hot. Negative pregnancy test. Reason?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: Im an 18 year old married female,.my husband and i have recentlystarted trying to conceive, my periods have always been pretty irregular then went to just having them a few times a year so i tried this vitex pills for a couple months to regulate me, worked a cycle and now I'm late i spotted the day i should have started, then nothing. I'm now getting so dizzy i can barely walk I'm so hot all the time and moody. Can this be vitex or what? Also neg pregnancy test.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 44 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Vitex pill is known to cause giddiness and other symptoms you have mentioned. Hence i request you to stop the medicine immediately. 2) Your irregular cycles are probably due to a condition called polycystic ovary (PCO). 3) Recommend you to get an ultrasound scan to decide about follicles in your ovary to confirm PCO condition. 4) Along with this I suggest semen analysis of your husband to check sperm count. 5) Please get back to me with above 2 reports after which I will recommend treatment based on these reports. I hope I answered your query. Please get back to me if any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist