Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods due to the use of steroids. Need birth control pills

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
i have been on a steriod quiet some time and it screwed up my period
i would like to be put on a birth control to regulate it. i dont have time to go to the doctro if you can perscribe me with a birth control it would be great thaks
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

I am afraid you may not be able to get the Oral contraceptive pills (OCP) without a written prescription from a doctor. There are mild chances of heart attack or stroke in women using OCP. Hence they are not available over counter.

If it is still possible for you to get OCP over the counter in you region, please ask for tablet XXXXXXX It is a tablet strip which is low dose & does not cause much weight gain. Detailed instruction slip will be in pack so as to say how to take the pills.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor