Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, brown discharge, now pinkish discharge after bowel movement. Kindly advise

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I will be 46 years old in the month of September. I started to have irregular periods in February 2012, I was having brownish discharge after 10 days from my January period. It seems to get normal again for March and April. Then in the May, I started the brownish discharge in the morning and evening after 12 days from April period. And this continue for almost 14 days before I have my actual May period which last for about 5 days. In XXXXXXX it got normal but period came 4 days earlier. For this month, I started to get pinkish discharge after bowel movement after 12 days of my last period. Please kindly advice. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later
Thanks for the query.

the possible causes of your problem are,

-hormonal imbalance due to inadequate functioning of corpus luteum,
in this there will be inadequate secretion of estrogen and progesterone from corpus luteum leading to irregular ripening of endometrium because of this slight bleeding occurs and continues prior to actual period.

-in premenopausal age these type of abnormalities can be seen because of fluctuation of hormones prior to cessation of periods,

-presence of cervical polyps or endometrial polyps etc,

now you better visit your gynecologist once,
get physical examination,
hormonal profile for estrogen, progesterone, FSH and LH,
by this workup the cause for your irregular bleeding can be found out and treatment can be taken according to that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor