Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Iron enfamil powder formula.Kidney safe?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12685 Questions
hi, my granddaughter is 5 months old, my wife accidentally fed 4 oz iron enfamil powder formula with 2 oz water to the baby twice at 8PM and 10 pm last night. The baby looks OK now, is this going to cause any kidney or other problems to the baby. We are really concerned. Thanks,
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Taking a comparatively concentrated infant formula accidentally only twice is not likely to produce any harms. The most common expected problem is vomiting due to taste alteration or excessive concentration and diarrhea on the next day.

Now you can self monitor the baby for any loose stools in which case you might need to consult her pediatrician.

Since more than 12 hours have already passed so nothing much is expected now. But be careful and vigilant in future.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor