Involuntary muscular movements in hands and legs. What diet should I take?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: I feel that I have some weakness in neural system,

I can see involuntary mascular movements in my hands and legs some times
Legs pain, I feel like something flowing in my legs,thys...
What are the reasons for these symptoms? What diet I should take to control these bodily behaviours. I do excercise regulary(badminton, yoga etc)
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause for your symptoms is benign fasciculations. In this condition, involuntary muscle twitchings can occur randomly in various parts of body. This is a harmless condition and is not of any adverse consequence.

You should take balanced diet and eat on time. methycobal tablets (vitamin B12 supplements). In addition, dry fruits, fish and eggs would be useful.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad