Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Intestinal pain, no diarrhea or vomiting. Done abdominal CT scan. Normal blood work. Any ideas?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 492 Questions
I have had intestinal pain (dull, achey, spasms all in the peri-umbilical area, constant soreness. In the beginning, 12 days ago I thought it was a stomach virus. It was very painful to move around at that time.No diarrhea or vomiting. (maybe diarrhea twice, but regular bowel movements every morning (only morning, get constipated for the rest of the day until next am) After 7 days, I thought it was getting better, but then it all started coming back. My intestines feel inflammed and achey. Going over bumps in the car is uncomfortable. Fri I had an abdominal CT scan, am waiting for final results, but the nurse said she would have not let me go home if it was something serious that need immediate medical I went home. I feel a little better (or am I getting used to this?) Right now I feel soreness and feel small spasms in different areas of the middle of my abdomen. The lower portion is more sore when pressing than the upper part. My blood work was normal (taken Thurs). Any ideas what this could be? The person treating me is only a Physician's Assistant...
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 12 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Possibly that you had an intestinal infection which has settled down but intestine still remain sensitive. Do not worry if your blood work and stool examination was normal. You can take a probiotic, and mild antispasmodic like mebeverine if available OTC. Also can try taking isapgula (fiber) supplements. All these may help you reduce symptoms while you wait for your CT report. Further treatment can be planned after CT report if it shows abnormality.

Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor