Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Intestinal TB, medications, hard stools, fissures, xylocaine, no relief. Ayurvedic doctor and medicine ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
XXXXXXX age38,male,5ft.10inches,around 73kgs weight.Initially i had intestinal TB and for that purpose i have used TB medicines for around 7.5 months.Due to the heat generated by TB medicines in the body ,my stool used to get very hard and due to this i have affected with fissure. Now every day iam seeing hell during stool time. Before the stool iam applying xylocaine 2% ointment, but no remedy.Could you please suggest an ayruvedic medicine and also if possible any good ayruvedic doctor in bangalore so that i can consult them for further treatment.
Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 26 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Anal Fissures can occur in patients suffering from Tuberculosis and adequate diet helps a lot in improving the condition as lack of fibre in diet aggravates the symptoms of constipation.

Some suggestions for you:
1)Have high fibre diet comprising oats,pulses XXXXXXX flaxseeds,prunejuice etc.It helps in easing bowel movement.
2)Have "Sitz Bath": Fill a tub with hot water and add a pinch of Potassium permanganate.Sit in this with buttocks down for 10 minutes 2 to 3 times in a day.It helps a lot in relieving spasms and pain.
3)Drink lots of water throughout the day.
4)Avoid spicy,fatty food.
5)Restrict smoking and alcohol.
6)Use stool softners as Psyllium husk for easing bowel movement.
7)Have half cup of Aloe Vera juice twice a day.It helps in stool movement.
8)While going to bed you can have "Triphala chur" which is an Ayurvedic preparation.But along with that drink lots of water.

I would also like to advice you to get yourself evaluated once for confirmation that the Tuberculosis has cured completely as it might reoccur.

For Ayurvedic consultation you can let me know in which area you are staying so that I can suggest you accordingly. You can find Ayurvedic doctors at this link, WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor