Instead of biopsy , for prosate, cancer what is my
Biopsy is the gold standard investigation...
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...
I can understand your concern...
Well, there are other options available namely a digital rectal examination, MRI pelvis with the urogenital system, serum PSA studies which can outline the prostate as well as the surrounding structures...
However, none of these investigations uses actual tissue sampling which is only done in biopsy hence making it the gold standard among them all...Please also note, that the Grading system for prostate cancer is also based on biopsy findings only...
Hope this answers your query...
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?