Inserted nuvaring, abdominal pain, heartburn, frequent urination, headache. Pregnant?
Thanks for the query.
as you had intercourse during the period of gap between removal and insertion of nuvaring, ovulation is unlikely in that period,
the symptoms you described like head ache, pain and bloating sensation of abdomen etc can occur as side effects of nuvaring,
but as nuvaring having some amount of failure rate (though very low) better to exclude pregnancy,
you can wait till your expected date of periods and go for blood test for pregnancy to rule out the possibility,
meanwhile you can use analgesics and antacids to get relief from symptoms.
if symptoms persist or become severe consult your doctor and discuss the need to removal of nuvaring and shifting to some other contraceptive method.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
if you had intercourse two days after the periods as you told previously the chance of ovulation is less during that period,
pain during intercourse can be due to causes like inconvenient posture, difficult penetration, infection etc,
anyhow if you have doubt regarding pregnancy better to go for blood test or urine test for pregnancy at the time of your expected periods,
if comes positive you can consult doctor, if not better to choose some regular contraceptive method to avoid this problem in future.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urination abdominal pain fatigue
- Headache nausea frequent urination left abdominal pain negative hpt
- Low left abdominal pain and frequent urination in men and headache
- Frequent urination hunger abdominal pain
- Shooting abdominal pains and frequent urination
- Lower back pain abdominal pain nausea diarrhea frequent urination pregnant
- Upper abdominal pain and frequent urination
- Frequent urination painful bladder lower abdominal pain am i pregnant
- Abdominal pain headache tired nausea frequent urination
- Inserted nuvaring abdominal pain heartburn frequent urination headache pregnant