Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Injury on testicle, ended up swelling and severe pain. Best remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 599 Questions
i got hit in my right testicle and now there is huge swelling on it and pain
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 53 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

Considering your history the possibilities include testicular torsion, torsion of a testicular appendage, and epididymitis. Also local internal bleeding cannot be ruled out.

I suggest:
1. Immediately visit a surgeon/Urologist and get it examined clinically.
2. The surgeon might advise a local ultrasound to delineate the extent of injury.
3. If the injury is not severe than local ice / elevation and analgesics can manage the condition.
4. In severe and very painful condition, surgical intervention might be indicated, depending upon the cause.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if there are no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor