Injured nose, cheekbone and lost teeth. Any risk of death?

Dr. Praveen

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Head Injuries
Question: Hi I know someone that broke there nose and cheekbone and lost 2 teeth from a fight it happened 4 months ago is there any chance that this person can die somehow?
Answered by Dr. Praveen 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes they might be die in certain circumstances Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX This depends on the intensity of injury. When infection from nasal and paranasal area reaches brain it might result in death. If this is a sudden death then it might be due to shock. Hope this answers your question. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Praveen 17 minutes later
Even though it's been 4 months? And they are normal ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Would like to know about his comorbidities Detailed Answer: Yes death may rarely be due to sepsis or hemorrhage. But this is quite possible if he has completely recovered from the trauma and absolutely normal. I would like to know- if his scans (CT/MRI) were normal post episode? was he ever hospitalised or got treated for any of his ailments during these 4 months? was he physically fit? These will obviously rule out the possibility of death due to other causes.