Injected with adrenaline for anaphylaxis chock. Had blood tests. White blood cell count is high. Allergic to everything

Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I have had blood tests done, been in hospital for 5 days on an antibiotic iv, and a few days of coming out of hospital I have had a anaphylaxis chock where they injected me with adrenaline, and cortezone. i have blood tests done, which show hi alergy and white blood count down, hence the mRI scan.
I seen to be allegic to almost anything these days and am having a tough time, but could you please tell me if perhaps I have Urtica, and how would this be diagnosed?
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Diagnosis of skin allergy with urticaria is mostly clinical. Skin allergy tests are available. A patch or a prick test with the suspected allergen is done.

Practically substances that are causing this skin allergy can be identified in day to day life and should be avoided.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Follow up: Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 13 hours later
Why do joints and muscles ache with urticaria, is there any way of allievienating these aches?
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer follows.

Detailed Answer:

If there is significant joint aches associated with skin rash you should contact your doctor for reviewing the diagnosis. There are various other conditions where joint pains and skin rash are associated. Those diagnosis are to be ruled out before a simple skin allergy is considered to be the cause of your problem.

So I suggest you to contact your doctor for a detailed examination and further investigations depending on the examination findings.

Hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 9 minutes later
Is there a posibility of giving me some indication of what they could be please. Jusat as a guide, I have had all sorts of tests done including an mri barium full body scan. I feel like a pin cushion.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer follows.

Detailed Answer:

There are several systemic disorders where there is association of joint pains and skin rash. It will be a wild guess work to comment without complete physical examination. I am sorry to mention that I may not be able to comment on any likely diagnosis or differential diagnosis without having a complete examination.