Inguinal surgery done. Getting pain in testicle while coughing. Am I at any risk?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Had inguinal surgery friday on right and left side. I coughed alil bit friday when i got home and ever since my right testicle hurts alil more now when i cough. I know Im still healing but is it possible i hurt myself doing that? The left dosnt hurt at all and that was the worse side.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
After a surgery for inguinal hernia, any rise in abdominal pressure due to coughing or constipation can cause pain at the site of wound due to the pressure exerted on the stitch line.
This does not cause a permanent or a lasting damage to the area. This pain is likely to subside within a week. Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Ok thats good to know. It dosnt really hurt at the stitch line just the slight pain running to my testicle when i cough alil and such. Just was kinda stressed alil by it thats all. I did do alil research and it seemed to be fine by what i read just wasnt sure.

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
There is absolutely nothing to worry. Just concentrate on having a healthy diet and avoid constipation for an early recovery.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.