Information whether Salamonella Typhi O antigen 1:80 and H antigen 1:160. Have typhoid?
Yes,you are suffering from typhoid fever.
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Yes, you are suffering from typhoid fever.
Value of H antigen 1:160 signifies infection.
But it is less sensitive than value of O antigen and O antigen level is of greater clinical significance.
Value of H antigen should be correlated with clinical findings for diagnosing typhoid.
You need proper antibiotics for typhoid fever.
Also single reading value is not of much significance. You need serial assessment of O antigen to see whether it is four fold increasing or not in course of infection.
Your SGOT and SGPT is also mildly raised.So,you need complete LFT,GGT and Ultrasound of abdomen.
Hope I have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further query is most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of typhoid antigens
- Diagnosis of typhoid antigens
- Typhoid antigens causes
- Strep a antigen
- Salmonella typhi "o"antigen 1.160
- Fever blood test reveals styphi o antigen positive typhoid
- Drugs/medication for typhoid antigens
- Typhoid traces after treatment 1160
- Treatment and cure for typhoid antigens
- 1160 is dangerous typhoid