Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Infestation on face and scalp causing brown scars. What could it be?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
I have an infestation of some kind on all my body and scalp and face.. I don't know what it is. I get a lot of small red spots which turn into reddish brownish spots.I seem to have allergy to something or some pest. They seem toy bite at night mostly and live me a type of spots which spreads everywhere and are very unbearably itchy I feel like scratching every ten seconds or so .Once I had like a war of biting ants burning and fighting on my thigh, another time I woke up wit the same reaction on my arms.Once I had a cut just between my thomb and my index, they seem to have rushed to the blood around that cut and left 4 brown marks alon the cut.
Also it is going to be rather unaesthetic.I "found am few left overs" of these pests on my pillow, on my bottom sheet.
Those "left overs" are little brown or black, they are really very little.I picked up some with twizers. My doctor is on holiday. He had given me a script Called Periactin but then the spots were not as numerous.
I just had a itch behind my ear, next one will follow anywhere anytime. I don't know if it is a bedbug or what.I do wish someone could help me.My son had his luggage from Europe via Asia in my bedroom. Does that help?My doctor also told me that my auto immune was low. Thank You.
I have just told you my problem. That' s all , Thank You.
I have a skin problem. That's all.
I have nothing left to say.

Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

thanks for posting you query on XXXXXXX

It is quite obvious that you are having a generalized skin infection most probably due to a parasite, fungi or viral. The fact you immune system is weak/low plus you son traveling from Asia (probably carrying with him a kind of parasitic infection). Based on your symptom description you maybe suffering from ptyriasis versicolor or rosea, psoriasis etc. It will be hard to tell exactly which infection it is without seeing it or examining. Well for home care purposes before you XXXXXXX up with a doctor or your doctor. You can start taking antihistamine or steroid medications which will reduce itching and start treating you affection. You might also require some steroid injection/s for immediate relieve. Avoig getting in contact with anything that might be causing an allergy. I believe your situatin will require immediate medical attention by a dermatologist for proper management.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.

Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor