Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Infection on the penis head and foreskin. Using clotrimazole cream. Is it Balantis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 2130 Questions
i have some kind of infection on foreskin and on penis head...........i think its balantis....the forehead of penis is swollened...... i m applying a clotrimazole cream on it but dont have any improvements. my age is 25.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 52 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.     

Infection of penile head and foreskin is known as balanoposthitis, it is quite common.

It can be due to bacterial, viral or fungal infection or any combination of them.

Clotrimazole is only anti fungal drug, so application of it alone is not sufficient.

You should keep the area dry & clean.

Apply an ointment containing both anti-fungal and antibacterial.

Take anti fungal and antibacterial drugs orally also for quick response.

Consult your physician to get these drugs prescribed after physical examination.

It you are married, partner should also be simultaneously treated other wise it will recur.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Infection on the penis head and foreskin. Using clotrimazole cream. Is it Balantis? 6 hours later
one more thing i want to ask...........first it was treated by clotimazole......but now its not working........and now i am getting premature ejaculation....first it was gud...but now its getting worse..
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 19 hours later

Nice to hear from you again.

Premature Ejaculation has nothing to do with infection of foreskin and glans penis.

So do not worry.

Take appropriate treatment as discussed in previous post under the guidance of Dermatologist.

Once infected part is treated, Premature Ejaculation can also be looked after.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor