Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Infection on foreskin, cut not healing, burns, similar to balanitis. Had used clotrimazole cream. Concern?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
I've some sort of infection on my foreskin. It started as a small cut and it is not getting healed from 3 weeks.

It doesn't itch or pain. It feels little inconvenient and burn sort of feeling if only I touch it. I do not have any burning sensation when I urinate.

The infection looks more like a burn as it accumulates watery liquid over it.

There was a second cut next to it 3 days before, and I'm worried that this is not healing and it started inconvenience(mild pain) to touch on the skin of glans where foreskin cut touches.

I had balanitis sort of problem 3 months before which got healed after I used clotrimazole cream for a week. I didn't use that cream this time, as this one looked more like a cut with top layer of skin gone. I never had these sort of problems till I started cleaning cleaning under my foreskin regularly.

I'm 27. 5'11", 65Kgs in weight, non-diabetic, unmarried. I don't think its an STD as I have never had sex.

These are the two photos of the infected area

Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 5 hours later


Thank you for posting the query,

You have provided with good information regarding your skin problem and it is a very good description. I appreciate it. I also was able to review the pictures sent by you.

Since you mentioned that you developed the cuts from frequent washing of the genital, there is nothing much to worry.

You can use over the counter creams like mupirocin ointment over the area two to three times a day. If this alone doesn't help then you may need a course of oral antibiotic like macrolides. Antibiotics can be obtained by a prescription for your doctor.

Hope I've answered your query. Should you have additional concern regarding the same, I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.


Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor