Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Infected with Hepatitis-A virus. Bilirubin and SGPT shows 1.5 and 88 respectively. Safe? Fit to exercise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
     Hi, My name is XXXXXX an I am 31 years old. I had been infected from Hepatitis-A virus and subsequently suffered by Jundice in the last week om march 2013. At that time during my blood test the Bilirubin and SGPT comes as 7.1 and 3035 respectively. Now I am well enough and in recently the blood test has done and its results of Bilirubin and SGPT comes as 1.5 and 88 respectively. Now my query is whether I am fit enough to do some daily exercises and sports like badminton, football etc. my email address is: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query,

You have suffered Viral Hepatitis A in March and now almost recovered from illness.

Hepatitis A is caused by hepatitis A virus (HAV), a picornavirus transmitted by the fecal-oral route often associated with ingestion of contaminated food.

You are already on road to recovery as your liver functions have improved; you should take normal diet and can start light activity like walking and routine activity. Please keep yourself well hydrated.

Please go slow before going for sports like badminton and football and after a week or so and recheck liver function by that time serum bilirubin and SGPT will return back to normal.

Once you feel better with activity than you can increase it gradually and also take care of your diet which should provide enough calories and essential nutrients.

Hope this information is helpful to you, if you have any further query please ask, I will be happy to help.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor