Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

Infant is not satisfied with breast feeding, What alternate food can be given?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Dear Sir/Mam,

I have a 4.5 month old daughter. From last 2-3 days the breast feeding is not being sufficient to her. It seems that she is not getting sufficient milk.

Can you please suggest me any alternative food for her as per her age. If you need any further information on her health please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Mother's breast milk is the proven best till age 6 months, but some how that is insufficient in your case.
You can supplement with cow milk but continue the breast feed as well.
After a month you can start feeds- home made preparations like rice Dal khichdi, cooked rice, boiled potato with tomato all these should have added pinch of salt and sugar and fats to make it palatable. They should be alternated frequently to avoid boredom.
many commercial formulae are also available- almost all with same contents, choose according to child's age/taste if the child does not like home made preparations.
Small servings every 3-4hours is the routine for feeding children.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor