Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Infant is having rash Milia on face. What's the treatment of this Milia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
Hi Doctor,
I'mXXXXXX from Agra, India. My Sister given birth a daughter, Her daugher is fine only the one problem her daughter has rash(Milia) on her face. What's the treatment of this Milia?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

I have gone through the medicines and image uploaded by you.

Milia are common finding in newborns and they subside on their own.

There is no exact medicine to cure milia. Ideal treatment is extraction by dermatologist.In my opinion you should not use flutivate E cream as it is too strong steroid for baby of 23 days.You can use desowen cream or eumosone cream.

There is no need of vitamin syrup to baby of such age. Please stop the vitamin syrup neonate should be given only mothers milk and nothing else.

Milia will reduce slowly on their own in a week or so.

Till the time you can use desowen cream and dermocalm lotion.

If there is no fever or other complaints you can wait for spontaneous regression of milia.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Infant is having rash Milia on face. What's the treatment of this Milia? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor.. I'll buy & use desowen cream and dermocalm lotion.

I want to tell that baby's father had also this milia at born time & he recovered from it after a long time in the age of 10 year old.. can It be genetic?

& the cream's that you prescribed how should we use it 2 times or in morning/evening?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 43 hours later
Hi again,

Extensive milia can be genetic.Even though genetic, they are not harmful and subside on their own.

Dermocalm lotion should be applied in the morning and Desowen cream in the evening.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor