Infant having hard tummy, always feel hungry and bloated. What treatment is required?
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I have few questions to ask.
Does the baby have constipation?
What milk you are giving?
Is he losing weight?
Your baby's problems are suggestive of a condition called congenital pyloric stenosis which typically starts around this age of 2 weeks and there is projectile vomiting,usually in males,and can be diagnosed by ultrasound abdomen.
If this is ruled out ,thee are many other conditions like partial obstruction,metabolic problems,etc.
Kindly show the baby to the pediatrician and get him evaluated.
Good, that means obstructions are unlikely!
Now the possibilities are
1. Electrolyte disturbances like low potassium
2. Milk intolerance--- anyway he is on soy milk
3 If the stools are loose and watery a condition called chloride diarrhoea
4-feeding technique problems-swallowing lot of air..- keep the bottle slightly tilted up in 60 degree to avoid air being sucked in.
Anyway what is your pediatrician's opinion after examining the baby?
What does eletrolyte disturbance mean and what do I do to cure this problem.
What do I do with chloride diarrhoea?
It is OK.
You can go in the morning and take the appointment with your neonatologist or pediatrician whatever is the protocol there.
You can not do anything by your self for the above problems !
Electrolyte disturbances are checked by a blood test.
Chloride diarrhoea is the same by blood test.
If the abdomen is hard to touch an ultrasound examination or X-ray is needed.
If your pedia appointment is delayed please go to ER in the morning.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for hard stools
- What is the treatment for bloating of stomach
- What are the findings and required treatment
- Child having painful and bloated tummy suggest some effective treatment
- Laser treatment for tummy reduction
- What is the treatment for diarrhoea in an infant
- Extended tummies since birth appear bloated slim treatment
- Feeling bloated and have constant diarrhea required treatment
- Homemade treatment for tummy tuck
- Treatment for reduction of big tummy