Infant have runny and blocked nose. Suggest some effective medication

Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth

Pediatrician, Neonatology

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Child Health
Question: Hi
my nine month old kid is breathing through mouth and not through nose

Has got severe running nose and nose block.

He is finding difficulty in breathing for last 4hrs.

Its early morning 4am. Kindly suggest some nose drops or

House therapy. We have applied vicks balm on chest an nose.

Thank u

Boy baby nine months old. No previous history of such problems
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later

Just now I saw your question.
You go to the nearest pharmacy and get a bottle of normal saline nose drops and pediatric otrivin nasal drops.
You can put 1-2 drops in each nostril of normal saline drops ( if not available use Pediatric otrivin).
These drops you can repeat after 2 hrs.

You can give some antihistamine drops like Tminic drops 6 drop
Two times per day.
However show the baby to the pediatrician whenever possible to check the lungs.

God bless
Dr Uma