Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Infant has some white spots on face. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
hi there,

my sister's daughter she ifs just 6 months old...

we see there are some white spots On her face can some one please help me to recognise what ifs that On her face I've attached the pictures of her.

Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

I appreciate your concern.

Relax,there is nothing to worry.

These hypopigmented sports are self limiting and no treatment is required as they get cleared of their own.

In case it is associated with redness or itching then topical hydrocortisone cream is given.

I suggest you to apply moisturizer 2 to 3 times a day so that area should not be left dry.

In case these sports increase in size or spread to other parts of body,I suggest to get her examined by pediatrician as physical examination will be needed.

Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your little XXXXXXX good health.

God bless...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor