Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Infant getting disturbed on not getting attention or food, difficulty breathing, turns blue, passes out. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
10 month old baby gets so disturbed when he does not get attention or food, that he can't breathe, turns blue, and passes out.
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Parenting
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The reaction of the baby on not getting attention is a normal phenomenon.

What you have to concentrate is the dyspnea(difficulty in breathing) and the cyanosis (blue discolouration).Both these symptoms point in your child having a congenital heart disease.

Also in babies with congenital heart diseases irritability or agitation can be expected symptom.

I would strongly suggest you to consult a paediatrician who after examining the baby can rule out any suspected heart diseases.

If you face any such episode in the baby anytime again then taking him in a open air environment is a essential.As the bluish discolouration is due to improper oxygenation.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor