Owl Image

Infant fell down. There is no swelling, vomiting or other injury. Worrisome

Owl Image
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Question
Hi Doctor, my 7 months old baby fell off the bed this morning, she cried a lot but there is no swelling or any other injury.... she did not even vomit after that. But i'm conernced more about any XXXXXXX injury to head or her right hand, as she cries when I press her right hand. The bed height is about 1.5 feet .Can you please suggest me next step of actions. Though she is fine now and eating normally, I'm little concerned. Thank you in adavance!
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry, as there is very little chance of XXXXXXX brain injury in your child's case.

As of now, there is no need to take her to hospital.

Please watch for the following symptoms- repeated vomiting, drowsiness, poor feeding, any fits, decreased movement of any arm or leg. If she develops any of these symptoms, please take her to hospital and get a CT scan of the brain done.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad

Follow-up: Infant fell down. There is no swelling, vomiting or other injury. Worrisome 17 hours later
Hello Doctor XXXXXXX

Thank you so much for your quick response on my query and it made me little relaxed after reading the answer. You answer clarifies most of my concerns and thankfully my baby is not observed to have any of the symptoms you mentioned above since yesterday. I'll continue observing her one or two days and accordingly decide if she needs to be taken to hospital as per your suggestion.

Thank you very much once again! And Have a good one!

Regards! -Ashwini

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Thank you and best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM