Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Indentation on penis head lubrication not helping, painful. Suggest healing process?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
I went through a 2-3 month period where I was placing extra pressure on the right side of my penis when I masturbated. The effect has left a significant indentation in the top part of this side of the penis shaft (i.e. where I have been circumcised). It looks/feels like I've rubbed away some of the soft tissue (fatty tissue?) underneath the skin. The skin itself is not rashy, inflamed, dry or scaly, it's underneath the skin where the damage seems to have been done.

I've tried to leave it and not touch the area when I masturbate now but there seems to be no change even after a couple of months. Lubrication doesn't help because the friction is between the skin and the tissue, not the hand and the skin. In fact I was using lubricants at the time the damage was done.

The pain feels a bit like the pain you get when you graze your leg, however the graze is under the skin. There's no bruising, but when the penis is erect the area is a little redder/darker in colour and it's clearly distinguished from the rest of the penis. There are more little veins in this area which are noticeable too. It just feels like some of the padding underneath has been rubbed away. I can actually feel the indentation/valley in the deeper tissue when the penis is flaccid, so I know that it's definitely under the skin and not skin itself (though the skin may also be a little thinner here too).

My erections are fine, I have no bent shape or anything, but it's a very frustrating problem all the same as the problem is not fixing itself and I am afraid of doing more damage. I never had a problem with penis damage from masturbating in the past but now my skin seems to be a lot thinner and more sensitive now. I'm only 32 so I can't see my age as a major factor. I've had no other notable skin problems in the past either.

I have not been sexually active for number of years so I'm confident it's not an STD either. I have seen a GP and they didn't seem to think that there was any problem. However you can only see the indentation/damage when the penis is erect and obviously I wasn't all that comfortable getting an erection in front of him at the time.

When I masturbate now, I'm as gentle as I can be, and only take as long as I need. I pretty much stick to once a day, and it's just to provide normal sexual tension relief. I've tried abstaining for longer periods of a couple of days or so, but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

I've really struggled to find any other cases of this kind of problem on the net/research, so any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Will it heal on its own? Is there anything I can do (e.g. creams, pills, vitamins, diet) to facilitate the healing process?

Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I have reviewed your complaints and pics. The depression is pretty obvious. However, you need not worry. It is due to loss of fat pad and resultant fibrosis.
Whether it will be corrected by itself over a period of time is highly doubtful. However, you can prevent progression by not being very aggressive during mastrubation and certainly avoid bending the penis when erect.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Indentation on penis head lubrication not helping, painful. Suggest healing process? 2 hours later
Thanks for your answer doctor,

Is it possible for the fat pads to regrow with the help of steriods? Are there any other products I could use to "thicken the skin" to keep the area protected?

Like I said, I never bent the penis in the past, it's more of a superificial indentation that has not penetrated the deeper spongy tissue. But I am just concerned that it is not healing no matter what I do. What would you do in this situation?

Last question: Would sexual intercourse likely aggravate the injury further?
Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 12 hours later

Thank you for follow up.

Currently there are no promising medicines which have proved to regrow the lost pad of fat. Steroids are not a proper solution for your problem.

I would leave this part without any intervention. You should also not bother about it. If you bother too much about this cosmetically your path to pleasure during sex is bypassed and you cannot enjoy it as you were earlier. You can try take Vitamin E, twice daily for 3 months and see how you are doing.

Sexual intercourse shall not aggravate it as long as you use in missionary position. Woman on top is a strict no no. This can cause accidental bending of penis and a soft fracture. Hence this is not advised.

Wish You Good Health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor