Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?

Posted on Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem
Question: My follice size on the day 14th is 17 x 23
When will I ovulate? And also my ET is 9.4. Is it good?

Shall I get a trigger shot?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
The follicle will ovulate today if its your 14th day with 17x23 mm follicle. An endometrial thickness of 9.4 cms is very good. Please get a trigger shot after consulting your treating physician.
If you are trying for pregnancy, you should have intercourse with your husband from today till next 4 days everyday. It improves your chance of pregnancy. All the best
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 23 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Today is my 15th day and the follicle is 18 x 24 and ET is 10.4 and its not yet ruptured.

They have asked me to Come again tomorrow and see if it is ruptured.

Would you tell me why it won't have ruptured?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Follicle ruptures after LH (Luteinizing Hormone) surge - means a hormone called LH increases rapidly causing rupture of follicles. Injection hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin) 5000 International Units will help in rupturing of follicle by creating LH surge. So take the injection and have intercourse. Rupture occurs about 34-36 hours after injection.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist