Incision got infected after surgery. CAT scan shows abscesses in that area. Result of negligence?
Abscess may occur as post-op complication.
In my view, it is not a case of negligence.
Infection may occur after operation; even after all the aseptic measures are taken during and after the surgery. It is not very uncommon.
Also, intestinal surgeries are more prone to develop infection due to the fact that many organisms are present in normal intestine and whenever their surrounding is disturbed, it flourishes.
Small size abscess can be managed with antibiotics whereas larger collection needs surgery and re-exploration.
So, you can follow the advice of your doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can a cat scan show spondylitis
- What are the findings of the cat scan results
- Yellow stools after cat scan
- Cat scan showed shadow kidney
- Fever after cat scan
- Running fever after a cat scan
- Cat scan results bubbles on brain
- Detox after cat scan
- Dark urine after cat scan
- Cat scan shows mild pelviectasis
- Have had neurologic symptoms of unknown origin. Was smoker. Chest x-ray...
- What is flair hyperintensity with prominence of sulci, parenchymal...
- Done with MRI of pelvis. What are the findings from the report? Is there...
- Skin on penis did not reverse after several intercourses. Feeling pain...
- Getting tingling and cramping sensation in hand, tightness in chest and...
- Incision got infected after surgery. CAT scan shows abscesses in that...
- Suffering from high BP, numbness and tingling feeling in one part of...
- Diagnosed with Optic Neuritis. Done MRI of brain and spinal tap. What...
- Information whether Salamonella Typhi O antigen 1:80 and H antigen...
- What is small isoechoic lesion in GB neck region?