In my recent medical tests observed that high values of
Hemoglobin - 17.1 gm%
Red Blood Cell count - 6.27 mill cells/cu. mm
I don't have any smoking and drinking habit, can you please check and let me know the possible reasons for this high values and precautions as well.
Hello. It can be poly vera
Hello dear. I have gone through your query. So high levels or hemoglobin and red cells can be seen in people who live in high altitude, or in certain conditions like polycythemia vera.
I will advise you to get it repeated after few weeks. If it remains same or high, then investigations will be required for polycythemia vera.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
As suggested by you, will repeat the tests in next week and post you the results. one more symptom I am observing is, more often feeling that short of breath and also increase in heart beat especially whenever woke up from sleep.
Undergone few tests for cardio and observed that all the results are positive and no issues. earlier I had some anxiety problems however, currently it is under control only except in few situations.
Please let me know will these high values of hemoglobin and RBC count causing these symptoms like short if breath,increase in heart beat and any anxiety problems?
Hello. It may be related to high hemoglobin
Hello dear. So shortness of breath and heaviness csn be related to high hemoglobin or due to anxiety as well.
Please repeat test after few weeks and revert back.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...