Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

In early stage of Alzheimer's disease. Unable to balance cheek bone. Difficulty with names and words. What to do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
I think I may have early stage of Alzheimer's disease. Whom do I need to see?
Alzheimers has affected every person in my father's family. I am 65 years of age. I am a math major and have a masters in Special Education, but I can't balance my checkbook anymore. Have difficulty with names and words I need.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Physician & later may need to consult neurologist

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, Thanks for using XXXXXXX

For diagnosis you can consult your board certified physician for initial evaluation and may require to consult neurologist later based on his evaluation. You may be required to get some radiological investigations done for diagnosis.

For now you need not to worry about Alzheimer's disease until you are diagnosed and consult your physician for further management.

I hope this answered your query and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor