In September of 2018 I noticed the front portion of
In 2000, I woke one morning and had a severe pain in my left buttock and shortly developed drop foot in my left foot and numbness in my lower leg in the ankle. I had an Mri which disclosed problems in L-4 and L-5 consisting of bulging discs, stenosis and some arthritis. I also had EMG studies of my left leg which led to these two locations in my back. Althouth I had no pain in my back, I had severe pain in the top of my foot for several months until it subsided as did the drop foot.
Based on these facts, what and symptoms, what conditions would you suspect are causing them.
In my opinion, surgery is necessary.
Hello and welcome to 'Ask a Doctor' service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
In my opinion, as a Neurosurgeon, your condition is clear: there are spinal cord stenosis and subsequent symptoms related to it.
This condition needs treatment which is mainly surgical ( the main aim of the surgery is decompression).
Because of two main factors:
1- Symptoms lasting more than a couple of months.
2- MRI confirmation of spinal cord stenosis.
So, my advice is to consult with a Neurosurgeon and to discuss with him about the surgical treatment of your condition.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?