Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I'm having lingering pain in my lower abdomen and vaginal

Answered by
Dr. Vaishalee Punj

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 2231 Questions

Posted on Sun, 23 Dec 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I'm having lingering pain in my lower abdomen and vaginal passage after frequent sexual intercourse with my partner . I have not used any protection. I'm also experiencing back pain. I don't have any burning sensation while passing urine. I don't have fever, No vaginal discharge too.
I'm 46 years old and have 2 children, I started to lead a sexually active life recently. I don't have multiple partners. Please let me know if I need to go for any medications and diagnostic tests.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems weak pelvic muscles

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In my opinion, this is simply due to weak pelvic muscles and its not something serious. Myofascial disorder of pelvic muscles. Muscles tend to weaken with age and some other symptoms like urinary incontinence may also be there.

I would suggest the following:
- Ultrasound whole abdomen
- Pap smear
- Urine routine exam
- Gynecological examination will help confirm diagnosis and rule out any cystocele etc.
- Pelvic floor exercises (possibly as part of physical therapy) e.g Kegel's exercise can be helpful

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on