I'm having a mild sensation, not severe enough to call
I will check your blood pressure
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
This could be due to high blood pressure. So first thing would be to check it.
Otherwise it could be tension headache, temporal arteritis or trigeminal neuralgia. Do you have any problem with vision, does it get worse on touching or with any triggers? Any relevant past medical history? Any medicine intake?
Let me know if I can assist you further.
It seems harmless
It seems harmless. Migraine, temporal arteritis or trigeminal neuralgia seem less likely. Yes regularly check your blood pressure especially during the episode.
Sometimes the cranial blood vessels may constrict due to cholesterol deposition. Other cause could be sinus or teeth problem. If there are any neurological symptoms of stroke, then an emergency visit would be needed.
A scan of the temporal vessels, carotid vessels and the brain can happen at your convenience. Doesn't seem like an emergency.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...