I'm extremely fatigued, my heart is racing, I feel weak

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Mar 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I'm extremely fatigued, my heart is racing, I feel weak and my blood pressure is elevated. I had a major panic attack on Sunday with tremors and I've felt weak and not quite right since. Today i was exhausted and tried to lie down and that is when it started again. I e worked all week but I've felt really tired
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on - Ask a Doctor- service!

I passed carefully through your concern and would like to explain that your clinical symptomatology is suggestive of an anxiety disorder.

You feel exhausted because of uncontrolled increased of stress, leading to persistently elevated catecholamines in circulation.

This in turn explains the racing heart and elevated blood pressure.

Coming to this point, the first thing to do is avoiding any stressful stimuli and shortening your work period. Several recreational activities are advisable (walking in a park, cycling, reading, etc.)

I would not prefer taking medications, but If it were an option a careful medical checkup is recommended before.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad