Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
198 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Im a male 61 i have heavy bleeding in my

Answered by
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1991

Answered : 3129 Questions

Posted on Sat, 16 Feb 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Im a male 61 i have heavy bleeding in my urine. been doing this since this morning.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Time to go in to ER.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. Goodman,

I recommend that you go in to the ER now. Your bleeding could be caused by an infection or inflammatory process anywhere along the genitourinary tract (bladder, ureters, kidneys, prostate) and this should be checked now particularly as you indicate that it is heavy and continuing.

In the ER, they will do an exam, and then a urinalysis. If an infection is not obvious, they will also do imaging studies, starting with a plain film Xray of the kidneys, ureters, and bladder.

So do go in, don't wait. And I will be happy to write with you further if you wish, after this evaluation, if you have questions at that point.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on