Im a male 61 i have heavy bleeding in my

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Sat, 16 Feb 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Im a male 61 i have heavy bleeding in my urine. been doing this since this morning.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Time to go in to ER.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. Goodman,

I recommend that you go in to the ER now. Your bleeding could be caused by an infection or inflammatory process anywhere along the genitourinary tract (bladder, ureters, kidneys, prostate) and this should be checked now particularly as you indicate that it is heavy and continuing.

In the ER, they will do an exam, and then a urinalysis. If an infection is not obvious, they will also do imaging studies, starting with a plain film Xray of the kidneys, ureters, and bladder.

So do go in, don't wait. And I will be happy to write with you further if you wish, after this evaluation, if you have questions at that point.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T