I'm 46 years old man. my right eye ball is
I'm myopic, my father had a retina detachment in one of his eyes. I'm otherwise heathy, with medicine controlled hypertension.
myopia hypertension; take regular treatment
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
You are having redness, epiphora and also having photopsia. So for preventive action you should avoid going out in strong sunlight. If at all it is required then go out with dark glass. For you fundus examination is required to monitor impending retinal detachment. With my opinion a degenerative changes in peripheral retina is present. Preventive action is avoid stooping and jumping. Avoid also looking at welding spark light. While sleeping avoid sleeping on left side. Fundus examination should be done with indirect ophthalmoscope to get wider field.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
without test nothing can be concluded.
fundus examination is essential to know the status of retina. You do not need any further advice presently. You can take precaution for which fundus examination is essential. However try to do fundus examination earlier the most.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes involuntary eye movements after a vertigo attack?
- Is Motrin intake safe for viral fever with conjunctivitis?
- Suggest treatment for trichiasis with cataract in one eye
- Suggest treatment to cure eye infection
- What is a green mole in the eye?
- What causes irritation and itching on eye lids with thread like discharge?
- Suggest treatment for retinal tear
- What causes bleeding eye?
- What causes experiencing a shadow in right eye that twitches right to left?
- What causes blurred vision of one eye with history of cataract surgery?