If you drink a multivatamin before a major drinking event
Hello welcome and thanks for your query.
B group of vitamins especially Thiamine is important in the metabolism of carbohydrates to provide energy. Alcoholism can lead to Thiamine deficiency and taking multivitamin which contains thiamine is helpful in normalising the metabolism.There are several foods like meat especially pork and poultry, the XXXXXXX of cereals,nuts, dried beans, soya and peas are rich in Thiamine. You could try taking these instead of multivitamin and see if they are helpful.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
2) Is there a problem ig you regularly take vitamin B?
Thanks for your input.
There is absolutely no problem in taking Vitamin B1 on a long term basis as it is a water soluble vitamin and the excess will pass out in the urine.
The answer pointing out the foods that are good sources of vitamin B1 was in reply to your query for natural ways of avoiding taking a tablet.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?